We're looking for an experienced developer with top-notch software design skills. Our stack includes Rails, Sass, Liquid, Erb, Coffeescript, jQuery and MySQL.
What you'll be doing
- Create real, tangible impact for users in their unique communities. Last year Localist alone was reponsible for an almost 700% increase in student engagement at the University of Louisville. This was directly the result of the products that our development team built.
- Work on greenfield projects designed to solve completely unaddressed problems in the event management space.
- Support the local development community by attending meetups and contributing to the growth of new engineers.
- Architect, build, test and refine new products, features and services
- Develop and expand infrastructure to process many millions of page views and transactions with fault-tolerance and predictability
- Tackle a wide variety of coding problems throughout the stack – we all work on everything
- Brainstorm and prototype new concepts and approaches fast. Turn prototypes into real things
- Troubleshoot and maintain production and testing environments. Contribute to diagnosing and solving performance issues whenever the occur
- Be a strong collaborator in the development team
The ideal candidate
- Can take charge of their projects
- Thrives in an environment where it's safe to "fail." Failure is where learning happens
- Able to design and write well-structured, easily maintainable, well-documented code that balances beauty and pragmatism
- Strong knowledge of Ruby on Rails and strength in all the Rails fundamentals
- Demonstrable track record building distributed, clustered, high-throughput applications that can really scale
- Background in building highly scalable applications designed for n+1 clustering with minimal downtime
- Has solid SQL skills
- Experience squeezing out milliseconds out of Rails to make blazing applications
- Ability to create well-designed APIs. We'd love to hear about your favorites and why they are great
- Knowledge of search frameworks such as solr
- Experience with user-centered interaction design
- Proficient in both Linux (production) and Mac OSX (development) environments preferred
One more thing
Does this comic resonate with you? We understand. You'll like working here.
Commensurate with experience.
Perks & Benefits
Localist contributes 100% to health, dental and vision coverage via one of the best care packages out there.
401(k) with aggressive company match.
Life insurance + full/part-time disability.
Generous paid time off.
Team days, retreats, breakfasts.
Class and book reimbursement to reward learning and professional development.
Office drinks and snacks.