Make your users feel like your events and webinars are a seamless part of your website
Organize and display events in a variety of formats proven to drive attendees
Speak to every segment of your audience with curated event channels
Registration & Ticketing
Handle RSVPs and payments in a centralized, branded experience
Empower your team with email automation designed for events and webinars
Use our full featured API to extract and display your event content however you want
Redefining Top of Funnel with Event Marketing Technology
As the digital marketing landscape continues to mature, I want to take a moment to discuss event marketing from the funnel perspective, explain how technology is reshaping the paradigm and highlight current gaps that exist.
To start, let’s focus on the stages of the event marketing funnel:
- Top of Funnel (TOFU): Activities focus on brand awareness, driving website traffic and gathering preliminary data. This is typically accomplished through email, social media, content marketing and PPC campaigns.
- Middle of Funnel (MOFU): At this stage, the goal is to gather data through calls to action (CTAs), influencing anonymous prospects to fill out forms on your respective landing pages. Names, emails and phone numbers are all key here as it enables your sales team to prepare and research.
- Bottom of the Funnel (BOFU): The bottom of the event marketing funnel is all about the attendees. Sales and marketing work hand-in-hand in the BOFU. For instance, once a sales call has been placed, an email can be deployed reiterating the benefits of the event or highlighting networking opportunities.
Event Marketing Technology Leads a Paradigm Shift
Today, we are going to focus on the current paradigm and why we think TOFU and MOFU event marketing need to be recalibrated. In traditional funnel models, events are typically bucketed as a middle of funnel activity. However, if you are of this mindset, please understand that there is an inherent gap between TOFU and MOFU activities. This gap ultimately dictates how quickly you get to know your perspective audience. Fortunately, technology is shifting the landscape. At Localist, we are of the mindset that most event marketing technology misses the mark on TOFU activities. Think about it:
- How do you get people to your event?
- How do you drive organic website traffic?
- How do you provide logistical details?
The key is event marketing technology. If each event starts as a listing on your website, and that listing is optimized for search engines, branded for your organization, provides key details, and a strong CTA that influences the visitor to provide information via a web form, then you have accomplished both TOFU and MOFU initiatives, in turn, capturing data for sales earlier in the game.
This philosophy has been central to the development of our event technology. With Localist, every landing page offers a unique URL that is SEO friendly and designed for user engagement. Furthermore, Localist is set up to natively integrate with Google analytics so you can track traffic within the platform.
Hundreds of search engine optimized event landing pages translate into hundreds of pages that can help your events rank higher in search engines; driving increased traffic, registrations and brand awareness for your company. By taking on the gap at the top of the funnel and reclassifying event marketing, it enables you to understand their audience faster, ultimately leaving less money on the table.
Localist Redefines TOFU
As we’ve mentioned previously, “Completing the entire event marketing funnel from TOFU to BOFU usually entails a hodgepodge of software functions. A one-stop-shop to manage multiple events and connect disparate event management, marketing automation, and event marketing systems is ideal.” The Localist Event CMS is the glue to the modern event marketing stack.
Many organizations don’t realize that they need an Event CMS until they understand what they can do with one. Localist completes the front end of the event marketing stack, allowing you to funnel prospect data and interaction behavior to your marketing automation system and CRM. Your first chance to capture event data, or the top of your funnel, lives on your website, don't let it go to waste.
Let us show you how an Event CMS would work at your organization with a customized report based on your current marketing stack.