Make your users feel like your events calendar is a seamless part of your website
Organize and display events in a variety of formats proven to drive attendees
Extend your footprint with built-in social features designed to further your digital reach
Take advantage of our full suite of admin tools and functionalities to improve back-end efficiencies
Use our full featured API to extract and display your events calendar content however you want
November Features, Functionality and Fixes
Every month, we announce the major Localist Platform features, functionality and fixes that have been deployed recently. Here’s what was launched in November:
- Added JSON output to our API in preparation for Localist API 2.0.
- Added ability to force event type/group/department assignment on incoming event
- Added support for time zones to the iCal feed importer.
- Added support for platform-specific privacy setting default values.
- Added near/within geographical criteria to API.
- Optimized all platform UI images for better performance.
- Optimized photo cropper algorithm.
- Widgets are now location-aware! Event results can be dynamically sorted based on proximity to the user.
- Cleaned up user settings when user is logged in via single sign-on.
- Event listings can now show their associated type and department below the title. Check Cornell’s calendar for an example.
- Completely redesigned admin newsletter interface for more intuitive content curation.
- Changed event attendee list to show an accurate count, even if users mark their attendance as private.