Make your users feel like your events calendar is a seamless part of your website
Organize and display events in a variety of formats proven to drive attendees
Speak to every segment of your audience with curated event channels
Registration & Ticketing
Handle RSVPs and payments in a centralized, branded experience
Take advantage of our full suite of admin tools and functionalities to improve back-end efficiencies
Use our full featured API to extract and display your events calendar content however you want
6 Benefits of Using Calendar Widgets
If you’re looking into centralizing your organization’s events calendar, or even if you already have a central calendar, a key question you need to ask is, “how can we efficiently spread event content across our entire website?”
While most organizations have a centralized content management system
http://www.localist.com/library/youve_centralized_your_cms_why_not_centralize_your_calendar#.VC65XS5dXD8that can offer the ability to share and spread information easily and consistently, many overlook the benefits of having a centralized calendar beyond it serving as the main location for all event details. A centralized calendar should not just be a central location, but also allow for events to be curated and selectively shared across multiple landing pages on your organization’s website.
Here at Localist, we call this functionality our “widget builder” and below we have outlined six ways a widget feature will ensure that your central calendar’s potential and reach is maximized.
- Deploy once, update everywhere. Rather than manually trying to load an event on each calendar it is relevant to, simply entering it on your central calendar and setting it to display on the right widgets will save time and resources.
- Display a snapshot of events on your homepage. Your website’s homepage will inherently be not just the most common first page a new user visits, but also the most visited by all users. With widgets you can take advantage of your homepage’s prime real estate and display the most important, popular or new events.
- Share customized content across your website. If your organization’s website is full of landing pages for things like groups, departments or event categories then using widgets makes it possible for each sub-division to proudly showcase related events without forgoing centralization or saved time.
- Increase event visibility. Adding complimenting widgets across your website multiplies your calendar’s reach and the amount of eyes that will see your events compared to if they were just simply located on your central calendar.
- Increased traffic driven to calendar. Naturally, if your events visibility is multiplied then you’re giving your user’s more than one chance of learning about an event that interests them, which means more traffic will be drive to your calendar.
- New revenue opportunity. Selling a sponsorship opportunity for a business to “provide” the content is the icing on top of the cake.
Make sure you get the most of it by using the right tools. Invest in what will give you the best return on investment. If you want to learn more, you can request a demo below!